Our workplace values
We tend to the team
- We help each other grow.
- We consider how decisions will affect people.
- We invest in our teams and ourselves.
- We celebrate together.
- We practice kindness.
We Respect and Honor All People
- We believe everyone counts.
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
- We value diverse opinions and experiences.
- We listen.
- We can bring our authentic selves to work.
We Jump In
- We take initiative.
- We work together as partners.
- We ask, “Do you need help?” and request help when we need it.
- We bring solutions.
- We embrace our “other duties as assigned."
We Try and We Learn
- We are flexible.
- We embrace new ideas.
- We learn from our experience, including our “fabulous flops.”
- We take (educated) risks.
We Care for Our Business
- We all do our part.
- We understand how our mission depends on our financial sustainability.
- We protect our brand.
- We actively seek opportunities to improve our bottom line.
- We foster a culture of ethical behavior.
We Return to Our Mission
- We base our decisions on what’s best for our mission.
- We remind each other why we are here.
- We proudly build a reproductive justice movement.
- We face adversity head-on.
- We tell inspiring stories about why our work matters.
The mission of Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is to ensure broad public access to sexual and reproductive health care through direct service, education, and advocacy.
Planned Parenthood believes in the fundamental right of each individual to manage their fertility, regardless of the individual’s income, marital status, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or residence.
We believe that respect and value for diversity in all aspects of our organization are essential to our well-being.
We believe that reproductive self-determination must be voluntary and preserve the individual’s right to privacy.
We further believe that such self-determination will enhance the quality of life, family relations, and population stability.
Strategic Focus 2022-2025
Ensure strong, sustainable operations in the context of ongoing societal disruptions (e.g., COVID, technology, legal/political/regulatory changes).
- Effective decision-making
- High-functioning health centers
- Systems and infrastructure
- Skilled, engaged staff
- Leveraging donations
Access to Care & Education
Expand care and education to better and more equitably meet community needs, centering youth, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+ people.
- Abortion access
- Expanded scope
- Expanded reach
- Sex education access
- Online health care
- Advocacy for access and reimbursement
- Health equity/patient experience
Improve workplace and broader social conditions among our staff, patients and communities.
- Staff economic well-being
- Sex education content
- Workplace equity
- Culture of equity and belonging
- Social conditions
Sexual & Reproductive Freedom
- Leading through collaboration
- Political power
- Growing and engaging our base